Machu Picchu by Train 2 Days / 1 Night
Tour to Machu Picchu by Train 2 Days / 1 Night – Uncover one of the most incredible archaeological sites of Machu Picchu with a local private guide on our special service of a two day by train trip to Machu Picchu and it takes you on one of the most wonderful train journeys of your lifetime; following Urubamba River downstream all the way to the cloud forest which surrounds Machu Picchu Inca citadel.
The trip to Machu Picchu by train 2 days / 1night is perfect for those who are short on time to visit Machu Picchu and want to arrive in a more leisurely fashion than trekkers. Our two day train tour to Machu Picchu give you a fascinating experience, with the beautiful scenery of the high Andes.
Above all, it allows you to have enough time in Machu Picchu with an early visit to see the sunrise over the high mountains that surround it throughout the course of the journey.
- Discover the new Seventh Wonder of the World, the Lost City of the Incas – Machu Picchu
- Enjoy the most incredible train journeys in the world along the Urubamba River to reach to Machu Picchu town
- Have a relaxing time visiting the hot springs at Aguas Calientes
- Sleep overnight in quaint Aguas Calientes
Machu Picchu by Train – Overview
Our two days trip to Machu Picchu by train begins by exploring the Andes, rugged mountain and breathtaking vistas during the train trip to Aguas Calientes. Along the Machu Picchu 2 day tour, you will have plenty of time to visit the hot springs at Aguas Calientes and learn about the intriguing history of Machu Picchu on 2.5 – 3 hours tour with an English speaking guide. Yeah!!! This is a trip of a lifetime so you deserve to enjoy it!
Detailed Itinerary of Tour to Machu Picchu by Train 2 Days
Pre-tour briefing to Machu Picchu by train 2 Day: You will have an in-depth briefing with your guide 1 or 2 days before your tour. Your guide will meet you at your hotel and you can take this opportunity to ask all final questions about your tour.
Day 1: Cusco – Ollantaytambo – Aguas Calientes (Machu Picchu Pueblo)
We will pick you up from the hotel in Cusco and transfers to “Poroy Train Stain 35 minutes away from Cusco” or “Ollantaytambo Train Station, which is 1 hr 45 minutes far from Cusco”, located in Sacred Valley (depending on weather conditions and availability). Then we will board a train and have a journey to Aguas Calientes village for about 2 hours.
Along the train journey, we will enjoy the beautiful scenery following the course of Urubamba River, “Known in the Incas time as Wilcamayu”. Besides, we will appreciate from the window, the snow-capped peaks, and green valleys with some ancient Inca farming terraces.
Eventually, we´ll arrive at Aguas Calientes. After, we will check in to the hotel and have a free time to enjoy the lunch in Machu Picchu Pueblo (Aguas Calientes) at the restaurant of your choice. Later on, we will have a 2 hr guided tour, visiting the Machu Picchu museum and exploring the orchid exhibitions which is 35 minutes hike outside of Aguas Calientes village. Then you will have free time to explore on your own in the Machu Picchu Pueblo. Also, you will have time to go to the natural hot spring to relax.
- Overnight accommodation: Hotel 3 star
- Meals: Not included
Day 2: Guided Tour in Machu Picchu – Cusco
The awake time will be early to have breakfast at your hotel. After your breakfast, we are going to the bus station to take one of the first buses up to Machu Picchu following a zigzag road for about 30 minutes. Upon arriving at the entrance to Machu Picchu archeological site.
Your guide will take you to the best spot to take panoramic photos and then you will have a 2 hour guided tour of the most important areas of the site. Following your tour, you will have free time to explore the Inca citadel on your own and will have plenty of time to visit the Seventh Wonder of the World, the Lost City of the Incas – Machu Picchu or spend more time at Huayna Picchu, if you opt to go there (it is a separate entrance fee, book in advance).
If you have Huayna Pichu entrance, you will head to climb Huayna Picchu mountain (It takes 2 hours round trip) which is the overlooking point of Machu Picchu. And get the best picture of Urubamba valley and Inca city.
Subsequently, if you are still with the energy you will able to hike up to Sun Gate another lookout for Machu Picchu (It takes 2h 20 minutes round trip). After visiting Machu Picchu, you take a bus to Aguas Calientes to have a lunch. After your lunch, you will take a train back to Ollantaytambo train station. From Ollantaytambo, we´ll transfer you by vehicle to Cusco. Our tour to Machu Picchu by train 2 days will end at your hotel in Cusco.
- Overnight accommodation: Not Included
- Entrance ticket: Included
- Meals: Only Breakfast
Tour to Machu Picchu by Train 2 Days Includes
- Professional English-speaking guide
- A pre-tour briefing to answer any final questions with a guide
- Round trip private transfer from your Hotel in Cusco to Ollantaytambo train station
- Expedition train ticket from Ollantaytambo to Aguas Calientes
- Dinner on night one in Aguas Calientes
- Expedition train ticket from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo
- One night hotel stay in Aguas Calientes (Based on Double / Triple room)
- Round trip Shuttle Bus ticket from Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu
- Entrance tickets to Machu Picchu
- Breakfast on Day 2
- Guided tour in Machu Picchu
Services not included:
- Breakfast and lunch on day 1
- Lunch on day 2
- Personal expenses
- Huayna Picchu and Machu Picchu mountain entrance tickets
- Entrance to Machu Picchu museum
- Entrance to Hot Spring
We recommend that you bring:
- Original passport
- Original ISIC student card if applicable
- A good-quality (and small) daypack. Maximum allowed in Machu Picchu is 25 liters, but the smaller the better
- Long-sleeved shirts to prevent sunburn
- Sun protection (sunscreen/sun hat/sunglasses)
- Rainwear or poncho for the rainy season (December to April). Please note that it can still rain during the dry season
- Camera with extra batteries
- Extra money for drinks and tips, souvenirs
- Toiletries / toilet paper / small towel
- Optional: Personal medical kit. Disinfectant, aspirin, stomach tablets, medicine to avoid altitude sickness, etc
- Optional: Bathing suit for hot springs in Aguas Calientes
How much does Machu Picchu by Train 2 days Tour cost?
Please. Contact Us
Yeah! To send you a perfect quote.
When you contact us, please, include the number of members of travelers you are traveling with. Once we have detailed information about you, we can offer perfect deals for you. We have several options to suit your needs. The price is per person.
- We operate our tours in small groups (min 2 – max 8 / average 4)
- Note: We buy the train ticket depending on the availability
To reserve Machu Picchu by train 2 days services, the customer must submit his/her personal information and a deposit of US $ 250 per person.
The personal information required is:
- Full name
- Date of Birth
- Passport number
- A picture of their passport. A camera phone picture or similar is fine
Deposits can be paid through PayPal or Western Union. There is a 6% fee for deposits using PayPal. Deposits through Western Union have variable fees.