Sacred Valley & Short Inca Trail To Machu Picchu 3 Days/ 2 Nights
This tour is a combination of the famous Sacred Valley Tour and short Inca Trail 2 Days to Machu Picchu. It packs an incredible amount of beauty, history, and adventure. Lasting this tour, 3 days.
It includes a full day sacred valley tour, lodging in a nice hotel in Ollantaytambo village, beautiful train ride to trailhead KM 104, 1-day hike on short Inca Trail to reach Machu Picchu through Sun Gate, lodging in a nice and comfortable hotel in Aguas Calientes and guided tour of Machu Picchu.
This 3 days tour is a great package that allows you to learn the history of the great Inca civilization with personalized attention and comfort while visiting the most outstanding places (Pisac & Ollantaytambo ruins) including exploring the colorful local market & isolated villages. As well as an excellent short Inca Trail to Machu Picchu.
It incorporates a significant portion of the Classic Inca Trail but in a shorter time frame! On this hike, you will tour Inca Ruins of Chachabamba & Wiñay Wayna to reach Machu Picchu through famous Sun Gate and witness the view of magnificent Inca city. This Sacred Valley Tour & Short Inca Trail to Machu Picchu offer you sunset and sunrise over the Machu Picchu and Andes.
Overview of the Sacred Valley Tour and Short Inca Trail 2 Days
- Name of the tour: Sacred Valley Tour and Short Inca Trail to Machu Picchu 3 days.
- Trek Duration: 3 Days / 2 Nights
- Total Distance: Full Day Sacred Valley Tour + 1-Day Hike 12 km / 7.5 miles.
- Accommodation: Two Nights Hotel Accommodation.
- Type of tour: History, Culture and Hiking Adventure.
- Altitude of the trail: Elevation 8,700 feet / Min. Elevation 6,600 feet
- Group Size: (min 2 – max 8 / average 4).
- Level of Difficulty: Moderate & Challenging
- Departure Day: Our Company organize daily departures.
- Weather: Expect changing temperatures and humidity.
Day 1: Full-Day Sacred Valley Tour visiting Pisac Inca Site & Colorful Market subsequently Ollantaytambo Inca Site (Overnight in Ollantaytambo Village)
Day 2: Ollantaytambo – Km 104 – Wiñay Wayna – Sun Gate – Machu Picchu – Overnight in Aguas Calientes
Day 3: Guided tour in Machu Picchu – Ollantaytambo – Cusco
Sacred Valley & Short Inca Trail to Machu Picchu 3 Days
For Sacred Valley Tour and Short Inca Trail 2 Days to Machu Picchu, you will have a thorough briefing with your experienced adventure tour guide, 1 or 2 days before your tour. Your guide will meet you at your hotel and you can take this opportunity to ask final questions and make any final preparations.
Day 1: Sacred Valley of the Incas (Pisac – Salt Mines – Moray – Ollantaytambo)
This tour will start at 8 am when we pick you up at your hotel, and will immediately start heading out of Cusco towards the Sacred Valley. On the way there, we will stop at a local alpaca farm, where you will get the opportunity to meet with some of the locals and feed some of the animals.
After stopping here, we will continue towards the Sacred Valley, stopping at a lookout point to take some pictures of the beautiful valley and surrounding mountains.
Our first stop in the valley will be Pisac, a local village with a thriving market and beautiful ruins. The guide will give an explanation of the ruins, then you will have time to explore the ruins and the market on your own.
After Pisac, we will continue onto Urubamba, where we will stop for lunch at a local restaurant.
After lunch, we will continue on to our final stop of the day, Ollantaytambo. These famous ruins were built to match the sun’s cycle, aligning the temple with the nearby mountains to track the solstices.
This temple also has quite intricate agricultural terraces, allowing you to experience some of the ancient technology that was available to the Incas. Our guide will give you an explanation of the site, after which you will have free time to explore the ruins on your own. After some time, we will drop you off at your Hotel in Ollantaytambo Village. Where you will rest very well for the following day that will have a Short Inca Trail Adventure to Machu Picchu.
- Full day tour to two larger Inca site of the Sacred Valley such as Pisac ruins + market & Ollantaytambo Inca site.
- Overnight accommodations: Hotel in Ollantaytambo Village (3 stars hotel).
- Meals: Not Include.
- Entrance fee to the Inca site: Not Include
Day 2: Ollantaytambo – Km 104 – Wiñay Wayna – Sun Gate – Machu Picchu – Overnight in Aguas Calientes
1 or 2 days before your tour, you will have a briefing at your hotel for your tour guide. Your guide will pick you up from your hotel at 5:20 am in Ollantaytambo village. You will then travel by train from Ollantaytambo to the trailhead (called km 104). We will cross the bridge which is over the Urubamba River to the checkpoint, where you will show your passport and entrance fee of the trail, once you pass the checkpoint; will start to hike to the first archeological site (Chachabamba).
This complex was considered the second gate to Machu Picchu. After climbing approximately 3.5 hours, we will arrive at the fascinating Inca site of Wiñay Wayna, where we will stop to eat our box lunch. In the afternoon, we will continue through the cloud forest towards the famous Inti Punku (sun gate), from where we have our first panoramic view of marvelous Machu Picchu. Continuing through the gate, we will soon find a bus to take us to Aguas Calientes to spend the night.
- Walking distance: 12 km / 7.5 miles
- Overnight accommodations: Hotel in Aguas Calientes (3 stars hotel)
- Meals: Box lunch and dinner. Breakfast is not included.
Day 3: Guided tour of Machu Picchu – Ollantaytambo – Cusco
After an early breakfast at 5:00 am in Aguas Calientes, we will board the first tourist bus to the Machu Picchu main entrance. You will have an early-morning, 2-hour guided tour of this spectacular and mystical site.
This guided tour includes hiking through the different sections of the city, such as the urban sector, the agriculture sector, and the religions zone. After the guided tour, you will have free time to explore the city by yourself, according to the time set by the tour guide.
Additionally, this free time can be used to climb the Huayna Picchu Mountain 1 hour up or Machu Picchu Mountain 2 hours up to have the best panoramic view of the surrounding mountains. However, if you would like to do this, please book this in advance as there are additional tickets that need to be purchased. Climbing to the top of either mountain.
At the designated time, you will take a bus back to Aguas Calientes, where you will have lunch and receive your train ticket(s) back to Ollantaytambo. From Ollantaytambo, we will transfer you back to your hotel in Cusco using our private transport.
- Meals: Breakfast is provided by the hotel. Lunch and dinner are not included this day.
What´s Included in Sacred Valley Tour and Short Inca Trail to Machu Picchu 3 Days?
- English speaking professional guide experienced in cultural tour and trekking.
- Private and comfortable transportation with a professional driver. The type of vehicle will be provided based on the size of the group (SEDAN, MINI-VAN or VAN); to tour of Sacred Valley of the Incas.
- Trek briefing with your guide.
- Pick up at your hotel.
- One night of accommodation in Ollantaytambo Village (3 stars hotel).
- Train from Ollantaytambo to Km 104.
- A private transportation from Ollantaytambo to Cusco
- Expedition train from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo.
- One night accommodation in Aguas Calientes (3- stars) hot shower, bathroom, private room and breakfast included.
- Bus ticket from Machu Picchu to Aguas Calientes on day 1. Round trip bus ticket from Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu on day 2.
- Short Inca Trail Admission Tickets and Machu Picchu.
- Private guided tour in Machu Picchu.
- First-aid kit including an emergency oxygen tank.
- One Box lunch and dinner In Aguas Calientes Village.
- All local taxes.
- Entrance fees to the sites: Sacred Valley Tourist Ticket 70 soles.
- Lunch in the Sacred Valley tour.
- First-day breakfast (Usually served in Hotel), Last lunch at Machu Picchu.
- Entrance to Wayna Picchu Mountain $ 75 per person.
- Entrance to Machu Picchu Mountain $ 75 per person.
- Vistadome Train to Cusco instead of Expedition Train, Please add US$57 per person – (For the return to Cusco Poroy at 4:43 pm).
- Personal expenses.
- Tipping for the guide.
- Entrance to hot springs/ 10.
What do you need to bring for the Sacred Valley Tour & Short Inca Trail ?
- Original passport to be showed in the checkpoint day 1 and Machu Picchu ruins the day 2.
- Original and valid International Student Card (ISIC), if booked as a student.
- A good-quality (and small) daypack. Maximum allowed in Machu Picchu is 25 liters, but the smaller the better.
- Hiking boots (waterproof). Sneakers are acceptable but expect to get wet
- Long-sleeved shirts to prevent sunburn.
- Hiking pants.
- Hiking socks.
- At least one bottle of water. Additional bottles of water can purchase the first and second days before reaching the summit.
- 2-liter water bottle or backpacking camel.
- Hat to protect you from the sun.
- Rainwear or poncho for the rainy season (December to April). Please note that it can still rain during the dry season.
- Camera with extra batteries.
- Toilet paper for the trail and small plastic bag for waste.
- Extra money for drinks and tips, souvenirs. We recommend having both soles, in addition to your home currency.
- Trail snacks (dry fruits, energy bars, etc.).
- Sunblock and insect repellent.
- Personal toiletry items.
- Hand sanitizer.
- Wet wipes.
- Personal medications (if necessary).
- Optional: GPS to map the campsite, the ruins and the Inca trail to Machu Picchu.
- Optional: binoculars to watch the nearby birds.
- Optional: Personal medical kit. Disinfectant, aspirin, stomach tablets, medicine to avoid altitude sickness, etc.
- Optional: trekking poles with rubber covers. Without rubber covers, they will be of limited use.
Price of Sacred Valley Tour & Short Inca Trail 2 Days to Machu Picchu
Price: The price depends on group size. Please contact us for more information.
We require a minimum of 2 people for this trek, but you can leave any day would you like. The departure is 100% Guaranteed once booked. Request a Quote: We can customize this trek just for you. We guarantee the perfect experience by arranging this tour.
- Peru Spirit Adventure is direct & official local tour operator based in Cusco, managed by locals.
- Student discount applies to students holding a valid Green ISIS card – $ 20 off per person
Additional Option for Sacred Valley Tour and Short Inca Trail to Machu Picchu
- A pair of hiking poles – US $ 10
Add optional Items
- Huayna Picchu Mountain entrance fee (book in advance) – US $75 per person
- Machu Picchu Mountain entrance fee (book in advance) – US $ 75 per person.
- Upgrade to the Vistadome Train (One Way) – US $ 35 per person
Book Now Sacred Valley Tour and Short Inca Trail 2 Days to Machu Picchu
To reserve this Sacred Valley Tour and Short Inca Trail 2 Days to Machu Picchu service, the customer must submit his/her personal information and the date of excursion by filling out the form below and a deposit of US $ 250 per person.
The personal information required is:
- Full name
- Date of Birth
- Passport number
- A picture of their passport. A camera phone picture or similar is fine
Deposits can be paid through PayPal or Western Union. There is a 6% fee for deposits using PayPal. Deposits through Western Union have variable fees.