Thank you for booking and/or traveling on a Peru Spirit Adventure tour with Peru Spirit Adventure. We are 100% local Cusqueñan company and legally recognized by Peruvian law. These Terms and Conditions apply to any travel products and/or services purchased from Peru Spirit Adventure. A contract is entered into once PERU SPIRIT ADVENTURE receives your booking form and deposit, and we accept and confirm the booking. Please note that travel arrangements are not confirmed until stated so in writing by PERU SPIRIT ADVENTURE. All Peru Spirit Adventure based treks and tours are operated by Peru Spirit Adventure.
BOOKING & PAYMENT
To reserve any of our tours and treks services, the customer must submit his or her personal information and a deposit. The personal information we require is the following: Full name (as appears on passport), Date of Birth, Nationality, Gender, and Passport number.
- A picture of their passport photo page. A camera phone picture or similar is acceptable.
Once the customer confirms their reservation, we will send an email within 24 hours with a confirmation of their tour or trek and the deposit amount and also, details of the services included and not included in the service price. Once we send this information to the customer, if we do not receive any response from the customer it will be assumed by the company that the customer has accepted all terms and conditions. We provide a full pre-tour briefing at your hotel in Cusco. This gives the customer the chance to ask any questions they may have about the tour or trek itinerary.— ABOUT THE BRIEFING: The night before your tour or trek, there will be a pre-tour talk (briefing) at your hotel in Cusco at either 6:00 pm or 7:00 pm. (exact time will be confirmed by email). Once you receive your briefing time, if we do not hear back we will assume it is confirmed by you. Please take this into consideration when booking your travel plans to Cusco, ensuring you arrive in time for the briefing. If your tour or trek begins on a Monday then the briefing will be scheduled for the Saturday before.
- Please note that it is difficult to change the briefing time and date at short notice. Therefore, if we receive a request for a briefing change less than 48 hours prior to the scheduled briefing, we most likely will not be able to change the briefing time or date. We will, however, do everything we can to change to try and accommodate the schedule change.
We use PayPal for sending deposits, that way you can use your credit card. There is a 6% fee for deposits using PayPal (for the international transfer). We also use Western Union for sending deposits, Deposits through Western Union have variable fees. The deposit amount depends on the type of itinerary you will book, as follows;
- For all trek and multi-day tours, we require a deposit of $250 USD per person — Deposits for tours and treks are non-refundable and non-transferable to another individual. There are no exceptions.
- For the Rainbow Mountain tours & hikes we require a deposit of $100 USD per person — Deposits for tours and treks are non-refundable and non-transferable to another individual. There are no exceptions.
- For the Humantay Lake Day Trip, we require a deposit of $100 USD per person — Deposits for tours and treks are non-refundable and non-transferable to another individual. There are no exceptions.
- For the Sacred Valley Tours & Trips, we require a deposit of $100 USD (for the group) — Deposits for tours and treks are non-refundable and non-transferable to another individual. There are no exceptions.
- For the Cusco Half Day Tours, we require a deposit of $50 USD (for the group) — Deposits for tours and treks are non-refundable and non-transferable to another individual. There are no exceptions.
- For large groups, we accept wire transfer for deposits and final balances due. If you would like more information about the wire transfer option, please email us at email@example.com
FINAL PAYMENTS: We accept cash and PayPal for final payments. A client may not depart for the tour or trek until payment in full is received, either in cash or by PayPal.
- Cash payments are due the day before tour or trek departure and can be paid at the pre-tour or trek briefing. We accept US dollars and Peruvian soles for cash payments. If you will pay in US dollars. Take note. The Peruvian banks are extremely strict about the “quality” of dollars they will accept. Therefore, we have to request that your bills are what they call “unbroken”. Broken bills will not be accepted. Broken means — any tear (even as small as 3 mm) or excessive wrinkling
- PayPal payments are due one week before the tour or trek departure. a) There is an 8% fee on balance due payments using PayPal. b) If the balance via PayPal is not paid by 3 days prior to trek departure, the PayPal fee will be 10%. Our PayPal email is: firstname.lastname@example.org
- All banking fees will be covered by the client
CANCELLATION POLICY FOR TOURS & TREKS:
- Notification of cancellation must always be made in writing by the person that made the booking and paid the deposit to email@example.com.
- Your deposit for the tours and treks are 100% non-refundable. If you need to cancel for any reason, as you approach your tour start date, there may be additional cost due. There are no exceptions due to the fact, that PERU SPIRIT ADVENTURE expends a great deal of expense purchasing permits, entrance tickets, and making deposits for reservations or services, most of which are non-changeable, non-transferable, and non-refundable by government regulation. We also do not accept medical notes of any kind, as our out of pocket expenses are non-refundable to us.
- Cancellations made 30 days in advance have no charge (with the exception of the non-refundable deposit) with the following exception:
- Inca Trail treks
- In the case of cancellation, the customer will not receive a refund of their deposit
- If the customer cancels between 30 and 10 days before their trek, they must pay 50% of the total trip cost.
- If the customer cancels between 10 and 3 days before their trek, they must pay 80% of the total cost.
- If the customer cancels 2 days or less before their trek, they must pay 100% of the total cost.
- In the exceptional case that a customer decides to leave once they have started the trek, no refund will be given. The customer must also pay any additional expenses they incur such as food, lodging, and transportation. On the last day, the customer will be able to rejoin the group and participate in the Machu Picchu tour.
- If after the tour has started a client cannot participate in the trek or tour (due to sickness, physical problems, etc.) no refund will be given. The customer must also pay any additional costs they incur for transportation, lodging, and food. On the last day, the tourist will be able to rejoin the group and participate in the Machu Picchu tour.
- In the case of natural disaster that prevents a service being completed, the customer will receive a 50% refund.
- In the case of a natural disaster that requires a change in the trek route, but the trek is still completed, there will be no refund.
- In the very unlikely circumstance that your service is not completed due to a fault of Peru Spirit Adventure, you will receive a full refund (including your deposit).
INCA TRAIL TOURS
- PERMITS: Permits for the Inca Trail are in your name and can not be transferred to anyone else under any circumstances. Change of dates is also not possible once a permit has been purchased. Permits are non-refundable and non-transferable. The deposit will be forfeited. Please note that this is a regulation of the Peruvian government and not Peru Spirit Adventure (or any agency).
- Those who booked PERMITS with a Student ID must bring that ID with them on the trek. If they fail to show this card to the Park Rangers, they will not be allowed entry onto the trail.
CHANGES MADE BY CLIENT
- Please note that for the Inca Trail, permits are not-changeable, not-transferable, and not-refundable. Dates can never be changed by government policy.
With the exception of the Inca Trail treks, we are generally able to change a trek date.
- To change the date of your non-Inca Trail trek, there is a fee of US $75 per person if the change occurs more than 30 days prior to trek departure.
- If the change occurs 21 to 30 days prior to trek departure, the fee is US $100 per person.
- If the change occurs 10 to 20 days before trek departure, the fee is US $150 per person.
- Changes less than 10 days prior to trek departure will have varying fees, which can be discussed at the time the change is being made.
- Changes made must be to another group trek for a minimum of 2 individuals. If a single traveler needs to change dates, and there is not an existing option for that date, the change will not be possible.
- We highly recommend travel insurance for all of our customers.
- Coverage should include baggage loss, accident, emergency air rescue and trip cancellation. Trip cancellation insurance should reimburse you for non-recoverable air or land expenses should you cancel your trip due to personal or family illness, as well as covering any medical or emergency evacuation expenses if you become ill during your trip.
- In the case of illness or injury on one of our treks or tours, we are trained to provide emergency first aid and arrange transportation to a proper medical facility. However, we are not responsible for the cost of those transportation services or the cost of medical care.
ABOUT YOUR PASSPORT IN MACHU PICCHU, HUAYNA PICCHU AND ON THE INCA TRAIL:
- Once you book your tour, we send your information immediately to “Machu Picchu Park” in order for permits to be issued as soon as possible.
- You will need to bring your actual passport for all services. A photocopy will not be accepted.
- The information we will to Machu Picchu Park includes your full name, passport number, nationality, gender, and age. That information cannot be modified.
- The only exception is in the case of a changed passport number due to renewal.
- The only exception is in the case of a changed passport number due to renewal.
- If you arrive in Cusco and did not advise us that you have a new passport number, and that your information has changed, Peru Spirit Adventure will not be held responsible. In this situation it will be the responsibility of the customer to pay the extra expense of returning to Cusco or Machu Picchu (transportation, food and other expenses).
TRAVEL IN PERU: Peru Spirit Adventure operates in regions, where standards of accommodation can vary. Transportation and other services might not be like those you would normally have back home. However, we strive with all due care and skill, to provide the best service for our clients. Traveling in Peru requires flexibility, patience, broad-mindedness, good humor and an understanding that changes may be made without notice due to circumstances or occurrences beyond our control. For example: a strike, protest, landslide, bad weather, etc. (Force Majeure). By booking any of our tours & treks, you agree to allow Peru Spirit Adventure to make necessary changes without liability.
Force Majeure is any event that PERU SPIRIT ADVENTURE cannot with all due care foresee, control or avoid. This covers events such as war or threat of war, riot, civil strike, terrorist activity, industrial dispute, disease, natural disasters, adverse weather conditions, fire or all similar events beyond our control. In this case, PERU SPIRIT ADVENTURE will not accept liability and reserves the right to change, postpone or even cancel trips. (This is a last option, of course!)
By booking any of our adventure trips (Inca Trail to Machu Picchu, Lares, Salkantay, Ausangate, Choquequirao, Rainbow Mountain trek and more) you assume the risks associated with personal accidents, medical emergencies, air travel problems etc. For these treks, PERU SPIRIT ADVENTURE Agency accepts no responsibility.
FULL TERMS & CONDITIONS FOR ADVENTURE TOURS & TREKS
- You must advise Peru Spirit Adventure of any medical problems or allergies you may have. You need to be in good physical health, and if your health is questionable, then you should consult a doctor. If you are over the age of 70 years old, then you will need to present us with a current good health medical certificate.
- You must advise your guide if you wish to leave the group or the camping area for independent walks or sightseeing. If you are experiencing any problems with the services of the guide or tour, please advise the guide in that moment, so that he can resolve any problems.
- All balances need to be paid in either cash or PayPal (see “FINAL PAYMENTS” section above).
- In order to receive a student discount, you must send your valid University ID to Peru Spirit Adventure at the time of booking. ID must have your name, photo and valid expiration date. Any card without an expiration date will not be accepted. You will then be required to bring your student card with you on the trek – they will not allow you to pass through the checkpoint without this original card.
- You will be required to show the original passport (not a copy) that you booked with, at the checkpoint to enter the Inca Trail. If you originally booked with an old passport and then renewed your passport, you must also bring your expired passport along with your new, valid passport to permit entry or they will refuse your entrance to the trail.
- Cancellations: Your deposit is 100% non-refundable. If you need to cancel for any reason, as you approach your tour start date, there may be additional cost due. There are absolutely no exceptions (we do not accept medical notes of any kind) as our out of pocket expenses are non-refundable to us (see “CANCELLATION FEES” section above).
- PERMITS: Permits for the Inca Trail are in your name and can not be transferred to anyone else under any circumstances. Change of dates is also not possible once a permit has been purchased. Permits are non-refundable and non-transferable. The deposit will be forfeited. Please note that this is a regulation of the Peruvian government and not PERU SPIRIT ADVENTURE (or any agency).
- All Adventure Treks include transportation to Cusco. The return train route depends on train availability.
- If you become ill or injured on the trail and are unable to continue, a porter will be provided to accompany you back to an area with emergency assistance capabilities. Helicopter airlifts and medical assistance are at the expense of the trekker. If you are unable to complete the tour due to illness, we will assist you in meeting your group at Machu Picchu to recommence your tour at that point. There will be no refund of the original payment.
- PERU SPIRIT ADVENTURE will take all reasonable care in providing to our clients avoidance of accident, illness, and loss of personal property, and will only employ suitably qualified staff. We accept responsibility for the actions of our own employees. Peru Spirit Adventure cannot, however, be responsible for any action of third parties. You are totally responsible for your own personal property and rented equipment.
- PERU SPIRIT ADVENTURE does not take responsibility for unfavorable weather conditions, natural catastrophe, strikes, accidents, illness, injury, loss of personal ítems, etc. It is the client’s responsibility to carry insurance to cover these types of events. We reserve the right to modify or cancel the program due to any of the unforeseen conditions listed above.
- We strongly suggest spending time at high altitude (above 3000 meters / 9842 feet)- in Cusco or another high altitude area for a minimum of 2- 4 days before undertaking your trip. This is in order to minimize the possible effects of altitude sickness. By drinking plenty of fluids, adding sugar to your drinks, eating food high in carbohydrates, avoiding cigarettes, alcohol, and drinking coca tea (ancient traditional leaf) will help your body acclimatize.
- We recommend you arrive in Cusco 48 hours or more before trek departure because occasionally we need to leave earlier than scheduled in case of strikes or other events out of our control (see ‘Force Majeure’ section below)
RIGHT TO USE PICTURES
You accept and grant to Peru Spirit Adventure – Tour Operator the right to use your images, photos, and videos that show or describe during your participation in any tour, trekking or adventure, in any advertising of any type, without payment of any additional consideration.
Thanks again for choosing us and we look forward to seeing you in Cusco!
Peru Spirit Adventure Team!
Peru Spirit Adventure
Who is Peru Spirit Adventure? We are a small tour operator company owned by a local Peruvian experts with more than 10 years of experience as a guide. Our office is based in Cusco, a city in the Peruvian Andes and is located near the central square, Plaza del Armas. Our team is made up of knowledgeable and passionate tour guides from Cusco and Andes with many years of experience Read more